Monday, April 19, 2010

Ink & Spindle textiles

On the weekend I dragged my boys off to the Ink and Spindle open day. I had wanted to attend their last open but missed it so was determined not to miss it this time and boy, am I glad we made it. Tegan and Lara have created a wonderful space, screen printing in an eco friendly way, with the most beautiful colours and designs. I wish I had half the talent these girls have! They were also most patient with us as we stood there being very indecisive about what to purchase - if I'd had more cash on me I would've bought so much more! I have coveted their fabrics for quite some time but wanted to see them in real life before purchasing.

In the end, the following fabrics were purchased and will be made into a quilt for the lad.
(Left: Birch Forest in Robins Egg; Middle: Rooftops in Snow; Right: Gingko in Teal & Snow)

I think I will need to buy more as I didn't think about measurements (I blame baby brain) and really need more width, so these will probably be made into cushions. And, I am going to order some ginko in snow and red or blue wrens in snow for curtains for the lad's room. He really is going to have the best looking bedroom!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. If you don't mind I would love to borrow that book. Let me know if that's still ok and I can send you my details. You can email me direct at emily.brocklesby@gmail.com
    Thanks again! So sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! the bedroom is going to look amazing. I never seem to buy the right amount either....look forward to seeing what you do x

    ReplyDelete